You bring your key leaders from marketing, sales, and customer success into the workshop. We roll up our sleeves and gather input from these stakeholders to fill out the Customer-Led Growth Canvas, by doing these things:
- List out your top C-Level strategic growth initiatives and priorities for the next 6-12 months and the executive(s) charged with driving each initiative.
- Surface the biggest challenges and opportunities your company faces in pursuing each initiative. These can be market perceptions, objections, questions, fears, doubts , competitive pressures; and can be untapped opportunities.
- For each challenge or opportunity, come up with ways you can mobilize customers to crush the challenge or seize the opportunity. What types of customers? If you could wave a magic wand, what would you want these customers to do or say?
- Start to define the customer program. How and when will you engage these customers in a program? How will you measure customer influence on revenue?
- Prioritize your list, and now you have a roadmap for the top ways we can mobilize customers to drive Customer-Led Growth.
Each stakeholder should come into the meeting knowing the top strategic growth initiatives they are working on, and come with a list of the biggest challenges and obstacles that get in the way of pursuing them.
Examples of strategic growth initiatives:
- Penetrate a new market segment or increase market share in a segment
- Educate buyers about our new, disruptive approach for solving their problem
- Migrate customers from a legacy product to our new SaaS platform
- Expand our footprint within large enterprise accounts
Examples of challenges and obstacles:
- We face tough competition from vendors who have been selling into that segment longer than us
- We’re known for being a point solution provider, not for providing an enterprise suite
- Our customers are content with the legacy product and view it as too disruptive to make a change
- We have an easy time landing a new account, but to expand we struggle crossing functional boundaries
After completing this workshop, you will have:
- Inspiration and buy-in for embracing Customer-Led Growth, which takes a more strategic, surgical approach than the “Random Acts of Customer Proof” that most companies practice today.
- Alignment among your key stakeholders on which opportunities for mobilizing customers will have the greatest impact.
- A Customer-Led Growth Canvas completed for your highest priority go-to-market initiatives.
- A business case you can use to get buy-in from your senior executives, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success peers to support a more strategic program.
- Greater confidence to drive change by having proven strategies and programs that have helped other companies pursue similar growth initiatives.
- A conviction that you’ll never want create those old-fashioned case studies, testimonial videos, and reference programs ever again.
If you need help formulating a Customer-Led Growth strategy before buying software, we will do this workshop for your company for a small fee. This is for you if:
- You know you can get more value from your customer programs but don’t know where to start.
- You want to make sure you are mobilizing customers to drive your most important strategic growth initiatives.
- Your traditional Marketing and Sales tactics have become less effective.
- You need to get your peers bought in to this new approach.