You’ve assembled these powerful storyboards, now you want to make them easily available to your sales reps, customer success managers, and other employees. The best way to do this is to embed the SlapFive Story Finder and Board Finder right within the apps that those employees already use to get the tools they need to do their jobs. This article gives you some ideas for where to embed them, and explains how to do it.
- To serve up sales tools like Objection Crushers and Recorded References, embed the Story and Board Finders right within Salesforce.com or the sales portal you use to give access to all your sales enablement tools.
- To give Customer Success Managers access to best practices and advice from other customers, so they can share with their customers, embed the Story and Board Finders right within your Customer Success platform such as Gainsight or Totango, or within your intranet site.
To embed Story Finder or Board Finder into any application, simply create a page in that app using whatever mechanism it provides for embedding third-party screens. For example, in Salesforce.com, you can do this with an Visualforce Pages or S-Controls. Other apps may use widgets. Here’s how to do it.
1. Determine the location where you want to embed Stories and Boards, and create the appropriate container object for that application.
2. Use this URL for embedding the Story Finder, and substitute the name of your SlapFive instance where it says “your_instance_name”:
3. Use this URL for embedding the Board Finder, and substitute the name of your SlapFive instance where it says “your_instance_name”:
4. To enable tracking of the sharing of these boards, you should set up Single Sign-On with SlapFive, which allows SlapFive to know which users have shared a story or a board.