Customer Voice Marketing Assessment
Assess Your Customer Voice Marketing
If you’re like every other business leader I’ve talked with in the last 2 years, your buyers trust what their peers and colleagues have to say more than they trust your marketing and sales messages. So what do you do? Unfortunately, most companies waste scarce resources producing traditional proof points like case studies, customer videos, testimonial quotes and reference programs that don’t address your buyer’s critical questions, fears and doubts (I call these QFDs), so it should be no surprise that they don’t get buyers to take action.
Do any of these apply to you?
- “It’s getting harder and harder for our content to break through the noise in the market and get seen by our target buyers.”
- “Our sales reps continuously ask for more case studies, but they rarely use the ones we give them.”
- “It’s hard to get a customer to agree to do a case study, and it takes a long time to go through the review and approval cycles.”
- “We spent $20,000 creating this amazing testimonial video last year, but it is already out of date.”
- “We don’t want to burn out our references, so we save them for the very end of the sales cycle and only give them to the most qualified buyers.”
- “We have no idea whether the customer marketing tools we create have any impact.”
Be honest, I bet that several of these apply to you.
B2B buying is all about trust.
Buyers want a crystal ball into what life is like as a customer. They have specific questions, fears and doubts (QFDs), many of which they never even reveal to your sales guys. They won’t move forward until each QFD is satisfied in their minds. And there’s no better way to satisfy a QFD than to have your best customers tell their stories, in their own voices, about how they overcame the underlying issue.
What if your customer proof points empowered your company to:
- Break through the noise in the market and get prospects to lean in and move forward.
- Enable your sales reps to easily knock down even the gnarliest objections.
- Crush the competition by making your advantages clear and obvious.
- Tilt the playing field in your favor, educating buyers on how to evaluate a solution like yours.
- Give buyers the visibility into what life is like as a customer in a way that earns their trust.
This is what happens when you become more surgical with your customer proof points, and make sure they address the QFDs that cause buyers to stop in their tracks. That’s what I help my clients do every day.
My Customer Voice Marketing Assessment will show you how to get these results right away
My name is Jeff Ernst. I’ve helped dozens of B2B companies capture and unleash their customer voice in the form of stories that win and retain more customers like their best. I’ve done this as a marketing executive at my own start-up software companies, and as an executive with venture-backed tech companies.
I did this at Forrester Research as a Principal Analyst leading the research on B2B Buyer Behavior, and using those buyer insights to advise marketing leaders on how to engage the new B2B buyer.
But this is more than just theory, I also launched the first ever Customer Voice program at Forrester. This work surfaced amazing customer proof points that were so valuable to salespeople that one rep on the west coast even said “This is the best thing I’ve ever gotten from marketing, here or at any other company I’ve ever worked at.”
Every week I talk with marketing and sales leaders (and few CEOs btw) who tell me about their current efforts to break through the noise and provide customer validation of their claims. They’re doing all the things they were taught to do…but they’re just not getting the results and wonder why.
It’s not their fault. The world has changed. When I look at their customer marketing deliverables, the answer is obvious to me. These deliverables and programs don’t align with those buyer QFDs I described above.
Since my experience doing B2B buyer research and running customer voice programs has given me a knack for discovering the issues and seeing the opportunities for improvement, I’ve created the Customer Voice Marketing Assesssment.
The Customer Voice Marketing Assessment is ONLY for marketing and sales leaders who meet ALL of these criteria:
- You recognize that your buyers put more trust in their peers and colleagues than your marketing messages.
- You direct internal or external resources who write case studies, create testimonial videos, and/or run reference programs.
- You are open-minded enough to consider that the traditional way you’ve done customer marketing may be ready for a shake-up.
- You are feeling pressure to deliver more value to the sales team and contribute to revenue growth.
- You recognize the importance of understanding your buyer personas and how they buy.
- You have the authority and courage to lead change within your organization.
Here’s what you get from the Customer Voice Marketing Assessment:
- An analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of your customer proof points.
- Very specific recommendations on improvements you can make right away, including markups of your current proof points.
- Examples of high-performing customer proof point tools that would work in your environment.
- A strategy session with me in which I’ll walk through the findings, recommendations and examples, and let you ask me questions for as long as you can think of more great questions to ask.
- Access to me by email for 6 months after our session to get more feedback.
The cost for this assessment is just $1,895 USD, payable by check or PayPal before we start the project. This is a fraction of the cost of one writer to write one ineffective case study.
How to get started:
You hate web registration forms, and so do I. So just send me a text message at 978.460.1344, with the message “your name wants the Customer Voice Marketing Assessment”.
I’ll call you back and we’ll have a discussion about your current customer voice efforts and I’ll ask you to send me links and/or attachments to the deliverables you have today. And we’ll put a meeting on the calendar to talk about the findings. It usually takes about 5 business days for me to perform the assessment.